Scope and Contents
The collection contains specifications, correspondence, bills, and blueprints of many campus buildings. The collection is split into four series. The Buildings series contains files related to buildings. The buildings are arranged alphabetically.
The Subject Files series contains files that are not related to specific buildings. These include reports, files containing material on several buildings, grounds, lighting, tunnels and conduits, drains, and swamp land sales, insurance polices. Most notable in this series is the Olmstead Brothers report about the grounds.
The Blueprints series is of campus buildings.
Nine buildings erected on campus with the aid of federal funds supplied by the Public Works Administration (PWA). They are referred to in correspondence between the Public Works Administration and Michigan State University by these code numbers.
Michigan Project No. 1003-F Abbot Hall- Men’s Dormitory Michigan Project No. 1200-F Auditorium Michigan Project No. 1201-F Livestock Judging Pavilion Michigan Project No. 1202-F Olin Memorial Health Center Michigan Project No. 1581-F Campbell Hall- Women’s Dormitory Michigan Project No. 1612-F Veterinary Building Addition (Giltner Hall) Michigan Project No. 1737-F Jenison Fieldhouse Michigan Project No. 1814-F Soils Building Michigan Project No. 1827-F Music Building
- 1856 - 1987
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
9 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Jenison, Frederick Cowles, 1881-1939 (Donor, Person)
- Kuhn, Madison, 1910-1985 (Donor, Person)
- Suelter, Clarence H., 1928- (Donor, Person)
- Michigan State University. College of Engineering (Donor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Department of Chemistry (Donor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Office of the Provost (Donor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Physical Plant Division (Donor, Organization)
- Building Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.