Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Bostock family papers
Scope and Contents The Henry Bostock letters consist mostly of correspondence from him to his mother in Michigan. The letters contain descriptions about camp life and conditions, pay, items he wished his mother would send, his regiment movements, as well as descriptions of commanders. The majority of the letters date from 1862. Also included is a letter to his brother William, a letter from George Blashfield to Captain Cogswell about the circumstances of Henry's death, a letter from Captain Cogswell to Henry's...
Dates: 1861 - 1865
Edwin Holmes papers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Edwin Holmes' Civil War letters to family and friends. His letters deal primarily with his health and with family matters. There are frequent references to his brother Augustus and stepbrother Alvah Marsh (see c.108, c.110).Also included in this collection are several letters from Holmes' stepbrother Frank Marsh, describing his work in an army hospital in Detroit.These materials have been transcribed, scanned and placed online at ...
Dates: 1862 - 1864
- Names: United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865) X
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care 1
- Bostock family (Henry Bostock, -1863) 1
- Bostock, Henry 1
- Bostock, William 1
- United States. Army -- Military life -- History -- 19th century 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1863) 1