Showing Collections: 21 - 29 of 29
Scope and Contents The collection contains two 1982 issues of the The Spartan Rag, a satirical magazine about campus life and news. The March issue contains articles protesting Michigan State University's disbandment of the no-preference college. Each issue includes cartoons about campus life and politics.
Dates: 1982 - 1982
Scope and Content The collection includes an issue of The Spartan Spectator.
Dates: August 2000
Scope and Content The collection consists of issues of The Spartan Weekly from 2006-2008, and 2010. The newspaper contains articles about Michigan State University, and East Lansing, as well as national topics.
Dates: 2006-2008, 2010
Scope and Contents The collection contains three issues of The Spectre publication which began publishing in November 1957 as an alternative student publication to the State News.
Scope and Contents The records of the State News consist of a style book from 1929, a handbook from 1972 and an undated handbook possibly from the 1970s. There are also sample banners (Complete issues selected to show varying banners) (1925-1954) and selected issues (selected on basis of headline or relevance to University or East Lansing history). Also included are a few issues of the supplements including “Collage,” “MSU Extra,” and “Counterpoint.” Also included are...
Dates: 1925 - 1999
Scope and Contents This collection contains eight issues of The Student, for January to May 1928. The Student was a magazine issued bimonthly by students of Michigan State College. The mission of the publication was "to face in an unprejudiced way the vital questions of college life." Articles (written by students and staff) focus on campus issues as well as politics and world events.
Scope and Contents The collection contains five issues of the West Shaw Informant for 1955-1956. The issues include an introduction to the hall itself, dress rules of the cafeteria, and reminders of quiet hours and phone usage. There is also information and statistics on intramural sports, which vary from football to bowling to ping pong. Also included are updates about General Council meetings, campus events, movie theater listings and activities with the women of their sister...
Dates: 1955 - 1956
Scope and Contents The collection contains the first issue of What's Left? The issue contains articles on the Miami riots in 1980 and opinions on President Carter's Iran invasion cancellation.
Dates: 1980 - 1980
Scope and Contents This collection contains one issue of the Wilson Literary Magazine for 1984-1985. It was probably produced by the students living in Wilson Residence Hall. The magazine features short stories, illustrations, and poems from MSU students.
Dates: 1984 - 1985
- Subject: College student newspapers and periodicals -- Michigan -- East Lansing X
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Periodicals 26
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing 7
- Newsletters 6
- Poetry 4
- African American college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 3
- African American college students -- Periodicals 2
- Art, American -- Michigan 2
- College wit and humor 2
- Dormitories -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Newspapers 2
- Periodicals 2
- Photographs 2
- Women college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States 1
- African American artists 1
- African Americans 1
- African Americans -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- African Americans -- Periodicals 1
- Amateur journalism 1
- Art 1
- College buildings 1
- College sports 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students 1
- College students -- Political activity -- Michigan 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs 1
- Conservatism -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Periodicals 1
- Constitutions 1
- Ephemera 1
- Freedom of speech 1
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Intramural sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Journalism -- Study and teaching 1
- Journalism, College 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Posters 1
- Sexual minority college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student movements 1
- Student protesters -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Students, Foreign -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Wilson literary magazine 1 ∧ less
- Michigan State University 6
- Dorr, Ron 1
- Michigan State University. Students 1
- Michigan State University. Students. Societies, etc 1
- The State News, Inc. (Organization) 1