Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Content Description The Barbara J. Lodge Alexander collection contains a scrapbook of the activities of the 1949-1950 Delta Phi Delta - Alpha Mu art honorary society. The scrapbook was most likely created by Barbara J. (Lodge) Rockwood Alexander and her first husband Louis Rockwood. The scrapbook contains photographs of events, newspaper clippings, and lists of members for 1948-1950. The photographs show silkscreening, gallery exhibits, the Artist's and Model's Ball, Art Department faculty and staff, the annual...
Scope and Contents The Carilon Carr collection contains twenty four dance cards from her time as a student at Michigan State College. The dance cards include J-Hops, the Spinster Spin sponsored by the Tower Guard, Mortar Board and Spartan Women's League; Mardi Gras dances sponsored by the Student Council, the Holiday Hop sponsored by Snyder- Philips Club; Engineers Balls sponsored by the Engineering Association and Engineering Council; the Bellhop sponsored by Sigma Gamma Upsilon and MSC Hotel Association;...
Dates: 1947 - 1950
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which were saved in the scrapbook of Carol Lou Wilkens (Moody) during her time in attendance at Michigan State College, beginning in Fall term 1952 and concluding following fall term 1953. These items include: photocopies of personal documents issued by the college; information pamphlets provided by the college to students; orientation, student government, event, and music programs and tickets; the Spartan magazine issue from May 1953. There are also...
Dates: 1952 - 1954
Scope and Contents The collection contains the photo album of Elizabeth Jean Sawer Wittet from her time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) as well as a few photographs that are not MSC-related. Includes portraits of friends, images of students at events and parties, a few images of campus, a campaign ad for Senior Vice-President, a MSC baseball player, an Olympic boxer, and a Safety Education certificate for a course of instruction at the Driver Education Institute held at MSC from...
Dates: 1944 - 1949
Scope and Content The James William Ochs collection contains six folders of photographs taken by James during his time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The photos show student activities including sports. The sports photos include basketball, both intercollegiate and intramural, football, and boxing. Of particular interest are the photos of the annual Class Rivalry between freshmen and sophomores at the college showing the tug of war and defending the flag. Also included in the...
Dates: circa 1948
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Art 1
- Balls (Parties) 1
- Boxing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College student orientation 1
- College students 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs 1
- Dance cards 1
- Photographs 1
- Reports 1 + ∧ less
- Alexander, Barbara J. Lodge 1
- Delta Phi Delta. Apha Mu Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Michigan State College. All-College Student Government 1
- Michigan State College. Sports 1
- Michigan State College. Students. Societies, etc 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Basketball team) 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1948 1
- Michigan State University. Department of Art 1
- Michigan State University. Junior Hop 1
- Michigan State University. Water Carnival 1
- Ochs, James William 1
- Sawer, Elizabeth J. 1 + ∧ less