Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Barbara J. Lodge Alexander collection
Content Description The Barbara J. Lodge Alexander collection contains a scrapbook of the activities of the 1949-1950 Delta Phi Delta - Alpha Mu art honorary society. The scrapbook was most likely created by Barbara J. (Lodge) Rockwood Alexander and her first husband Louis Rockwood. The scrapbook contains photographs of events, newspaper clippings, and lists of members for 1948-1950. The photographs show silkscreening, gallery exhibits, the Artist's and Model's Ball, Art Department faculty and staff, the annual...
Carilon Carr collection
Scope and Contents The Carilon Carr collection contains twenty four dance cards from her time as a student at Michigan State College. The dance cards include J-Hops, the Spinster Spin sponsored by the Tower Guard, Mortar Board and Spartan Women's League; Mardi Gras dances sponsored by the Student Council, the Holiday Hop sponsored by Snyder- Philips Club; Engineers Balls sponsored by the Engineering Association and Engineering Council; the Bellhop sponsored by Sigma Gamma Upsilon and MSC Hotel Association;...
Dates: 1947 - 1950
Carol Lou Wilkens Collection
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which were saved in the scrapbook of Carol Lou Wilkens (Moody) during her time in attendance at Michigan State College, beginning in Fall term 1952 and concluding following fall term 1953. These items include: photocopies of personal documents issued by the college; information pamphlets provided by the college to students; orientation, student government, event, and music programs and tickets; the Spartan magazine issue from May 1953. There are also...
Dates: 1952 - 1954
Elizabeth Sawer Wittet scrapbook
Scope and Contents The collection contains the photo album of Elizabeth Jean Sawer Wittet from her time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) as well as a few photographs that are not MSC-related. Includes portraits of friends, images of students at events and parties, a few images of campus, a campaign ad for Senior Vice-President, a MSC baseball player, an Olympic boxer, and a Safety Education certificate for a course of instruction at the Driver Education Institute held at MSC from...
Dates: 1944 - 1949
Herbert Baer papers
Scope and Contents
The Herbert Baer papers consist of letters Baer sent to his family during his freshman year at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). In the letters he writes about his activities, events attended, his student job in the kitchen and a little bit about his classes. He also writes a little bit about World War II and mentions rationing.
Dates: 1941 - 1942
James William Ochs collection
Scope and Content The James William Ochs collection contains six folders of photographs taken by James during his time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The photos show student activities including sports. The sports photos include basketball, both intercollegiate and intramural, football, and boxing. Of particular interest are the photos of the annual Class Rivalry between freshmen and sophomores at the college showing the tug of war and defending the flag. Also included in the...
Dates: circa 1948
Nathan Taisch collection
Scope and Content The collection consists of eleven photographs taken by Nathan Taisch in 1929. Five of the photographs show the Michigan State College band performing at a football game. One photograph is of Wells Hall decorated with a large "S" and a banner reading "Spartans Beat Detroit." Four of the photographs are of men standing around a tower of junk for the sophomore barbeque with signs reading "U. of Detroit" and "Health Service." The final photograph is of eight men posing for a picture with the...
Dates: 1929, undated
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing 5
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 4
- Photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Student activities -- Michigan 2
- Art 1
- Balls (Parties) 1
- Boxing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College student orientation 1
- College students 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs 1
- Dance cards 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Reports 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- Alexander, Barbara J. Lodge 1
- Baer, Herbert (1922-1987) 1
- Delta Phi Delta. Apha Mu Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Michigan State College. All-College Student Government 1
- Michigan State College. Marching Band 1
- Michigan State College. Sports 1
- Michigan State College. Students. Societies, etc 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Basketball team) 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Mason Hall 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Wells Hall 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1948 1
- Michigan State University. Department of Art 1
- Michigan State University. Junior Hop 1
- Michigan State University. Water Carnival 1
- Ochs, James William 1
- Sawer, Elizabeth J. 1
- Taisch, Nathan 1 + ∧ less