College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
Found in 151 Collections and/or Records:
Oliver Dales collection
On Campus, 1961 - 1962
Once in a Lifetime, 1977 - 1978
This film from the 1977-1978 academic year at Michigan State University includes voice-overs of students talking about their experiences on campus. Highlights include student enrollment, the city of East Lansing, the library, Student Services (including the Office of Programs for Handicapper Students, State News, and Placement Services), men's and women's athletics, the Cyclotron, and graduation.
Onn Mann Liang papers
Phil Frank collection
The collection consists of a cartoon of campus titled "M.S.U. Expansion Program" by Phil Frank, April 7, 1965. It shows a caricature of campus buildings and places. It appears to be an original drawing in a mat.
Postmark East Lansing, circa 1950
This film was done in the format of a letter home from an MSC student to a younger brother, describing the college and its student body, c. 1950. It features speeches by President John A. Hannah, and shows campus buildings, including Old Wells Hall, Fairchild Auditorium, Shaw Hall, and Quonset huts (used as married housing at the time).
R. H. Pettit papers
Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) memorabilia includes a class rivalry poster (1915), seven photographs of campus depicting an elk in the campus deer park, a group of people at Lake Lansing, M.A.C. faculty/staff circa 1899-1900, R. H. Pettit in an REO automobile, and A. J. Cook at the campus apiary. There is also one letter (1954), and one newsclipping of Professor R. H. Pettit's obituary.
R. Keith Hudson papers
Richard Trapp papers
The papers include two certificates for courses in fixing Ford tractors and Dearborn Wood Brothers corn pickers. There is also student memorabilia including a football ticket, party ticket, a Michigan State College advertising card, and a program for the Dairy Department Bean Feed in 1940. Also included is a photograph of a Michigan State College Horse Management class from 1947, and photographs of campus and buildings.