Michigan State University. Alumni Association
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Materials in this collection consist of correspondence, replies to invitations, cards of delegates who attended, programs and miscellaneous papers pertaining to specific events, various newspapers (primarily Michigan) from early 1907, and a certificate of congratulation (1907).
The collection also contains postcards and photographs.
The papers of Emil Volz consist of a scrapbook containing postcards and photographs depicting student life, students, campus scenes, scenes from Pine Lake (Lake Lansing), Michigan, faculty, and athletic events at Michigan Agricultural College. It also contains programs from various campus social functions, numerous dance cards, menus, ribbons, and many items relating to football at Michigan Agricultural College.
The collection consists of a script for a musical called "The Merry Lives of Mayo or the adventures of mary mayo at m.s.u.," a not too Original Surrealistic Musical in Several Acts, by Jim Segedy, Larry Phillips and assorted friends. It is a humorous take on a student named Mary Mayo arriving at Michigan State University to start college and her experiences with registration and college life. Some of the dialogue is set to the tune of popular songs.
- Subject: College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing X
- Photographs 3
- Postcards 2
- Programs (Publications) 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Alma (Mich.) 1
- College musicals 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Education, Secondary -- Michigan -- Alma 1
- Ephemera 1
- Invitations 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Michigan 1
- Musicals -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Student activities 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Women college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1 ∧ less