Frank Peabody papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials relating to Frank Peabody's time as a student at Michigan State College, as well as his career as a professor at Michigan State University. Included are correspondence, photographs, newspapers, course materials, publications, and materials from the Summer Institute in Biology.
- 1935 - 1973
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Frank Robert Peabody was born in 1920 in Birmingham, Michigan to Ford and Viola Peabody.
Peabody earned his B.S. (1942), M.S. (1948) and Ph.D. (1952) from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). He began teaching bacteriology at Michigan State while a graduate student. In 1953, he joined the faculty as an assistant professor in the bacteriology department. He was promoted to associate professor in 1956 and to professor in 1975. He served as associate chair of the Department of Microbiology and Public Health. He retired in 1987. Peabody enlisted in the U.S. Army from February 1945 to March 1945. He served as a clinical laboratory inspector in the Sanitation Corps. He married Margaret Miles in 1947 in Lansing, Michigan and they had two children. Peabody passed away in 1997.
His father, Ford, was a graduate of the class of 1916 at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University).
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Biology -- Research
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Course materials
- Detroit Tigers (Baseball team)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Marching bands -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan State College. Buildings
- Michigan State College. Marching Band
- Michigan State College. Students
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan State University. Centennial celebrations, etc
- Michigan State University. Class of 1942
- Michigan State University. Faculty
- Michigan State University. Student housing
- State news (East Lansing, Mich.)
- World War, 1939-1945
- Frank Peabody Papers
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- January 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US