Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection consists of Civil War letters written by G. B. Surdam to his sister and brother. A sergeant in the 6th Michigan Infantry, Surdam describes his service in Maryland and Virginia, and the military takeover of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
These letters have been transcribed, scanned and placed online at http://civilwar.archives.msu.edu/collection/7-1C-39/gbsurdam/.
Company K's muster roll, dated October 27, 1863, lists the names and ranks of its members, as well as where and when they were wounded, died or were discharged. This has been transcribed and scanned and placed online at http://civilwar.archives.msu.edu/collection/7-1C-21/6th/.
The collection consists of three letters dated January 25, February 4, and August 18, 1862.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Baton Rouge (La.) -- History -- Siege, 1862 1
- Muster rolls 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Registers 1
- Austin, Richard 1
- Bacon, David, Captain 1
- Beers, Josiah Luther 1
- Bostock family (Henry Bostock, -1863) 1
- Bostock, Henry 1