Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which were saved in the scrapbook of Carol Lou Wilkens (Moody) during her time in attendance at Michigan State College, beginning in Fall term 1952 and concluding following fall term 1953. These items include: photocopies of personal documents issued by the college; information pamphlets provided by the college to students; orientation, student government, event, and music programs and tickets; the Spartan magazine issue from May 1953. There are also...
Dates: 1952 - 1954
Scope and Contents The collection contains the photo album of Elizabeth Jean Sawer Wittet from her time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) as well as a few photographs that are not MSC-related. Includes portraits of friends, images of students at events and parties, a few images of campus, a campaign ad for Senior Vice-President, a MSC baseball player, an Olympic boxer, and a Safety Education certificate for a course of instruction at the Driver Education Institute held at MSC from...
Dates: 1944 - 1949
Scope and Content The James William Ochs collection contains six folders of photographs taken by James during his time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The photos show student activities including sports. The sports photos include basketball, both intercollegiate and intramural, football, and boxing. Of particular interest are the photos of the annual Class Rivalry between freshmen and sophomores at the college showing the tug of war and defending the flag. Also included in the...
Dates: circa 1948
Scope and Contents The John Herbert Thomson collection includes a scrapbook which contains photos of class rush, the Michigan State University campus and buildings, and students. The scrapbook also includes photos of scenes in the Upper Peninsula including Tahquamenon Falls, Newberry, Michigan 4th of July events including a wrestling match between Pittsley and McLeod, University of Michigan, one image of Crisp Life Saving Station and Lighthouse, Camp Custer 1917. Photographs not in the scrapbook include Helen...
Dates: 1897, 1917-1992
Scope and Contents The Louis Russell collection contains a photograph album and a student beanie hat. The photograph album contains signatures of Russell's friends, images of Russell and his friends, interior and exterior images of the Union Literary Society house, images of the college circus and parade which was put on by students, and images of class rush/class rivalry activities. Also included is a student activity ticket book from spring 1947 belonging to Dale E. Hathaway. According to the donor,...
Dates: 1909-1912, 1947
Content The Mary Zurburg collection contains two scrapbooks and also a list of her floor mates, reminiscences, and a biography sheet. The scrapbooks contains materials from her time as a student at Michigan State University including greeting cards, event and play programs, newspaper clippings, report cards, dance cards, tickets, marriage and birth announcements, photographs, student activity identification cards, a commencement program, play programs, and photographs and mementos from a trip to...
Dates: 1954-1958, 2014
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of syllabi and exams for Business Administration classes 205, 331b, 325, and 433b. Also included is a class schedule card and a dance card for the 1950 JHop.
Dates: 1950-1951, Undated
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 6
- Scrapbooks 3
- Dance cards 2
- Photographs 2
- Boxing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Circus 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College student orientation 1
- College students 1
- Course materials 1
- Course schedules 1
- Ephemera 1
- Family histories 1
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Universities and colleges -- Examinations 1
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Michigan State College. Students 3
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 2
- Brown, Roger Allan 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Circus 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students. Societies, etc 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Union Literary Society 1
- Michigan State College. All-College Student Government 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Basketball team) 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1910 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1948 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1958 1
- Michigan State University. Junior Hop 1
- Michigan State University. Students 1
- Michigan State University. Water Carnival 1
- National Biscuit Company 1
- Russell, Louis S. 1
- Sawer, Elizabeth J. 1
- Thiel, Betty Jean Thomson (1929-1993) 1
- Thomson, Helen McCullough (1902-1992) 1
- Thomson, John Herbert (1895-1976) 1
- Zurburg, Mary Martin 1 ∧ less