College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
Found in 210 Collections and/or Records:
Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) memorabilia includes a class rivalry poster (1915), seven photographs of campus depicting an elk in the campus deer park, a group of people at Lake Lansing, M.A.C. faculty/staff circa 1899-1900, R. H. Pettit in an REO automobile, and A. J. Cook at the campus apiary. There is also one letter (1954), and one newsclipping of Professor R. H. Pettit's obituary.
The papers include two certificates for courses in fixing Ford tractors and Dearborn Wood Brothers corn pickers. There is also student memorabilia including a football ticket, party ticket, a Michigan State College advertising card, and a program for the Dairy Department Bean Feed in 1940. Also included is a photograph of a Michigan State College Horse Management class from 1947, and photographs of campus and buildings.
The Robert Gartung collection contains photographs of campus taken from 1935 to 1950 and 1984. The photos include Old Horticulture building, Entomology building, Student Services, Beaumont Tower, and the Spartan Statue. There are also photographs of the horticulture gardens next to the Old Horticulture building, the Red Cedar River in winter, as well as a photograph of Robert Gartung in graduation robes.
The Robert M. Williams collection primarily contains photographs and postcards of street scenes and daily life in the Michigan towns of Baraga, Brown City, Copper Harbor, Dryden, and L’Anse. There are also postcards and photographs of the dedication and planting of the L’Anse Township School Forest on May 23, 1930. The collection also includes photographs of Michigan State University’s Agriculture Hall, Morrill Hall, and the Physics and Electrical Engineering Building.