Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The Carilon Carr collection contains twenty four dance cards from her time as a student at Michigan State College. The dance cards include J-Hops, the Spinster Spin sponsored by the Tower Guard, Mortar Board and Spartan Women's League; Mardi Gras dances sponsored by the Student Council, the Holiday Hop sponsored by Snyder- Philips Club; Engineers Balls sponsored by the Engineering Association and Engineering Council; the Bellhop sponsored by Sigma Gamma Upsilon and MSC Hotel Association; the...
Dates: 1947 - 1950
Scope and Contents The collection contains the scrapbook of Florence Yeiter Young. The scrapbook includes photographs of her friends, a military field day program for 1915, a Gladmer Theater program, an Elmar Theater schedule for September 18, 1916, Omicron Nu Society bylaws and constitution, an issue of the 'Tic newsletter for June 1915 for the Eclectic Society, Feronian Society materials, and Hesperian Society materials. Also included are dance cards, athletic tickets, class rush posters, a...
Dates: 1914 - 1919
Scope and Contents The collection consists of university memorabilia (25 items) including copies of The Spartan, an alumni catalogue, a student handbook, The Helot, Xi Gamma Gabber, blue books, football ticket stubs, a student activity handbook, a sophomore prom dance card and a fraternity banquet invitation.
Dates: 1930 - 1958
Scope and Contents The Irma Thompson papers consist of correspondence and memorabilia from her time as a college student including dance cards, programs for dances, and programs for events on campus. The events were held by various organizations including Feronian Society, Hesperian Society, Eclectic Society, Olympic Society, MAC Oratorical Association, Union Literary Society, as well as the alumni association. There are also a number of plays, poems and short stories written by Irma and other classmates and...
Dates: 1835 - 1964
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the student scrapbooks of John Wesley Knecht and Helen Louise Norton who later married. Helen's scrapbooks contains dance cards, event programs, photos of campus and people, information about her classes, flyers for pep rallies, college circus program, notice about small pox from 1910 and a note from Maud Gilchrist say that Helen is not working hard enough at her studies.John Knechts scrapbook contains photos of athletics including football, baseball,...
Dates: 1907-1913, 1921, undated
Content The Mary Zurburg collection contains two scrapbooks and also a list of her floor mates, reminiscences, and a biography sheet. The scrapbooks contains materials from her time as a student at Michigan State University including greeting cards, event and play programs, newspaper clippings, report cards, dance cards, tickets, marriage and birth announcements, photographs, student activity identification cards, a commencement program, play programs, and photographs and mementos from a trip to New...
Dates: 1954-1958, 2014
Scope and Contents The Rita Kasper Hart papers contain dance cards from January 1937- May 1940. The dances represented include: Delta Gamma of Kappa Kappa Gamma, Blue Key Fraternity, Panhellenic and Intrafraternity Council, Phi Delta Theta, Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Omicron of Phi Kappa Kappa, Alpha Theta of Pi Kappa Phi, Epsilon Rho of Sigma Nu, winter term formal, military ball, sophomore prom, varsity party, Engineer’s Ball, Senior Ball, and the Frosh Frolic. There is also a photocopy of newspaper articles from...
Dates: 1937 - 1940
Scope and Contents The collection consists of syllabi and exams for Business Administration classes 205, 331b, 325, and 433b. Also included is a class schedule card and a dance card for the 1950 JHop.
Dates: 1950-1951, undated
Scope and Contents The Ruth Barnes McClintock collection includes materials related to Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) events she attended. McClintock was not a M.A.C. student but a local resident. Materials include dance programs, an athletic schedule card and program, a photograph of McClintock at Ae-Thon party, and a pageant program. Also included is a M.A.C. ROTC horseshow program (1924), Theta Beta Phi dance program (1918), Peace Day MAC Union party program, JHop...
Dates: 1904-1924, 1947, 1955, 1968-1969
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Ture Johnson's papers including photographs of Johnson in his ROTC band uniform, commencement programs from 1937, band roster for the 1936 season, dance cards, and a Michigan State College B.S. diploma from 1937. There is also a map of campus published by Redfern and Reynolds and drawn by James F. Trott in 1940.
Dates: 1936 - 1944
- Subject: Dance cards X
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 5
- Photographs 4
- Programs (Publications) 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing 4
- Balls (Parties) 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Athletics 1
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Course materials 1
- Course schedules 1
- Football 1
- High schools -- Michigan -- Lansing 1
- Home economics 1
- Home economics -- Study and teaching 1
- Maps 1
- Michigan -- History 1
- Newsletters 1
- Poetry 1
- Postcards 1
- Proms 1
- Reports 1
- Spartan, The 1
- Student activities 1
- Students -- Societies, etc. 1
- The Helot 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Universities and colleges -- Examinations 1
- Volunteers -- Michigan 1
- Xi gamma gabber 1 ∧ less
- Michigan Agricultural College 2
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 2
- Michigan State University. Junior Hop 2
- Michigan State University. Students 2
- Brown, Roger Allan 1
- Ireland, Mark L. 1
- Kappa Kappa Gamma. Delta Gamma Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Michigan State Chamber of Commerce 1
- Michigan State College 1
- Michigan State College. Students 1
- Michigan State University 1
- Michigan State University. Art Club 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1900 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1918 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1958 1
- Michigan State University. College of Human Ecology 1
- Michigan State University. Department of Military Science/ROTC 1
- Michigan State University. Football 1
- Michigan State University. Sports. Basketball 1
- Michigan State University. Women's Lounge 1
- Omicron Nu. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Michigan Beta Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Thompson, Irma G. 1
- Zurburg, Mary Martin 1 ∧ less